Tuesday, October 3, 2006

ADA Schooling Show Was Great Practice

I've been shooting hunter/jumpers shows for years, but I never tried my hand with dressage until recently. I'm currently enrolled in a class called "The English Trot" with Susan Sexton and needed some equines for practice. My friend Kristen Guerra, Salto's owner, was schooling in her first dressage show, so I offered to come shoot her.

I ended up being the official photographer, shooting every person so I could really learn to nail the proper trot timing. Especially since these weren't all upper-level horses, it was truly a challenge, but I had a great time trying to make the duo look as balanced and supple as possible.

These are some of my favorites, a few of which Susan Sexton herself will be critiquing! :D

Head shot
Trot shot
Yielding
Nice light
Big guy
Forward trot
Canter
Portrait
Details
Kristen
Interesting angle
Trot shot
Long & loose

I'm not complaining for my first time out, but I definitely need to learn a lot more about dressage, as I'm mostly clueless. I had a super time, met a lot of great people, and tested my new homemade horse treats (100% satisfaction rate as of yet), so it was definitely worth it!

No comments: