Friday, April 6, 2007

More Than Just a Piece of Paper

This morning, my mom called to tell me my cousin had passed away just a few hours before. Since this girl was only a year or so older than me, it was truly a shock. We weren't very close as I only saw her a few times a year, but I've never lost someone even remotely close to me, and it's still very hard to believe she's gone.

All day, I've been searching my house and computer high and low just to find some photos of her beautiful face to help me remember her more clearly, but I can't find even one. I'm a photographer by trade and I can't even find one image of a family member that I've known my whole life ... how horrible is that?

I'm writing this to really stress spending the extra time to get good images of your family, friends, and pets while they're with you. I don't mean pay me to take photos (no business when I'm crying), but take out your OWN camera and snap away. Every sports event, every family gathering, every special moment - you can never get the time back. But if you have a photo of that snapshot in time, it's so much easier to bring the memory into your head.

"Live each day as if it were your last, for one day you will be right."


You will be greatly missed Kristen.

No comments: